Welcome to Zaca Lake.
Zaca lake is a private, 300-acre retreat located at 2,300ft in
the wine-country mountains north of Santa Barbara. We will have
exclusive use of the entire property for the weekend, including
a 20-acre natural spring fed lake, great hiking, and lakeside
lounge and kitchen. The nearest town with services is Buellton,
roughly a 30-minute drive from Zaca Lake.
The road up to Zaca lake is a narrow, winding, single-lane paved
road with 2 stream crossings. Each crossing is roughly 4-inches
deep. Nothing to worry about.
Pets are not allowed.
What to Bring:
* Food for the Friday potluck bbq, Saturday breakfast and lunch
here for a list of what people are bringing to the potluck)
* Cooler with ice
* Flashlight and batteries
* Calling card for long distance calls – cell phones don’t
work at Zaca Lake
* Your bathing suit
* Towels for outdoor use
* Games – bocce, croquet, Frisbee, etc.
* Water toys – air mattresses, noodles, etc.
* Something fun and nice to wear Saturday
* Your charming self
What is Provided:
* A restaurant-size kitchen with pots and pans and a walk-in refrigerator
for you to use
* Bed linens
* Bath linens (to be used indoors only)
* Canoes, kayaks, and row boats
* Firewood for each night of the visit
* Dinner reception Saturday night
* Coffee each morning
* Libations all weekend
* Sunday pancake breakfast